Thursday, February 20, 2014

January 20, 2014


 

Another week down haha. This week has been good. I'm still with the

Zone Leaders, But it’s nice because I've gotten to get out of my area a

little bit. Being in the other area has been nice.

Elder Frakes is a lot of fun, he is just funny. My new

Companion should be here between Sunday and Tuesday, next week. That’s

as much as I’ve heard.

 

Pias. We still see him here and there and he comes to church when

he can. He told us that this week everything should be getting settled

and he will have more free time. He wants to be baptized really badly.

So we are scheduled for Feb. 2, just waiting to see if he is really

ready to make a covenant.
 
 

Africa:
 
So crazy story, when I got here to Mukono there was a 3 story hotel.
Fully operational. But they were constructing a 4th story. So about 3
or 4 weeks ago they finished. And we would see it as we walked passed.
and we would all say to each other we need to check out the restaurant
in the hotel sometime, but we just never got around to it. Then this
week as we are walking past again, we couldn't see the hotel
anymore... "Hey, where did the hotel go?" "What the? Let’s go check it
out." well as we approached we saw what happened IT COLLAPSED!

Apparently you can’t just add an extra floor ha. It’s now a pile of
rubble 3 people died when it collapsed. Which surprised me because I’ve
heard of taxi crashes here that kill more than 10. But now the hotel
is gone.. ha

 
I got a package from Wade and Macey! I wrote them a thank you letter
so hopefully they get it soon. I also send home the memory card today
so be watching for that!
 
Elder Bednar is visiting the Uganda Kampala Stake this Wed. so I'm
super excited for that it’s going to be cool to hear him give an
address specifically for the people here!
 
We tried a new way of finding people last Saturday. We did a booth
with some street contacting we would just stop random people passing
by. We got quite a few numbers! However we also got a satisfactory
fill of rejection. So people refused to shake our hands, some SDA
(seventh day Adventists) were shouting at us and one guy when I went
to talk to him just told me to "Go home" so that was nice haha it was pretty fun though we all enjoyed it. Rejection and all. hahaha
 
 

So I’ve been visiting this older member in the ward. He has to be in his seventies. He is a less
active but he is awesome, he has been coming to church for a little
over a month now. I just teach him whatever he asks me to. So I get to
prepare all sorts of lessons. One was on the sacrament, one was Adam
and Eve, and the last one was on Plural marriage ha. That one was
easily the most difficult but I did really good. Just read lots of
scriptures and helped him understand. I don’t know why but he reminds
me a lot of Grandma Bennion, He just has a similar personality to her.
I really like teaching him. I'll try to get a picture with him soon.
 
I tried to make cookies today.. The only problem is that the oven has
no temperature setting... so I had no idea how hot it was. The cookies
came out okay the only thing wrong with them was that they were black
as crap on the bottom. super super burnt!! hahah  but I just ate them
anyways. They were nice :)
 
Well I think that is all of my stories today, I’ll send some pictures
as well in just a bit. I love and miss all of you!!! And I don't go a
day without thinking about you all. I gain a greater appreciation for
my family every day. And my testimony of the importance of families has
never been stronger. Thank you for all of your love and support!!
 
Love,
 
Elder Bennion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment