Another week gone.
That’s good that Lexie and Brayden will be staying
with bujjajje (Luganda
word for both grandparents) Bennion. That would
be fun. I would love
living with them hahah.
Congrats on finishing
those books in the OT. I just started Galatians.
So I’m slowly moving
through the NT haha
New companion. He is
temporary. His name is Elder Mukasa. He is from
Entebbe (Uganda) He has
been serving in Botswana For the last 7 months
but had to return to
Uganda to renew his visa.
Elder Bednar's meeting
was so great! I was literally 20 ft right in
front of him! The
meeting was just inside the Kololo chapel. It was
unlike any meeting I
have ever heard of or been at. First he was super
funny, cracking jokes!
Then get this, Invites to the meeting was 5
general authorities! 5!
Elder Bednar, Hamilton, Cook, Renlund, Ussi. All
present in the meeting.
So then what happened is he opened it up like
a questions and answers.
People from the audience ask him questions
and one of the 5 would
answer the question. Here is the bonus. Their
wives were also all
there as well and were invited to answer questions
as well. Most of the
time Elder Bednar stood at the pulpit his wife stood
with him and added her
thoughts and testimony to his as did all the
other wives. It was Soo
cool! The topics discussed was Priesthood,
Family, and Culture. It
was a powerful meeting I’m glad I got to be a
part of it, I have a
page full of notes to share. Most of it isn’t
really mission relevant
but it will be useful post mission. AHH be
jealous! It was awesome!
So I haven’t been
sleeping under a mosquito net because I couldn’t sleep
in my own room without a
companion. So I really put my deetsheets to
the test! Well they
work! I woke up just about every morning with
about 30 dead mosquitos
around my mattress hahah so I have to give it
to that guy at ILC the
sheets work. It the last 4 weeks I’ve only
gotten a few small bites
on my hands hhaha!
Woke up with a huge
Madagascar hissing cockroach in my bed the other
day, that was fun! Guess
he thought I had moved out for good. Stupid
things I lit it on fire.
I caught the flu from
Elder Muange so I have had no voice the last 2
days. Which makes
missionary work difficult because people treat me
like I have leprosy...
:(
Also got my hair cut
again today so I am once again bald... yayy.. I
hate African haircuts
with a fiery burning passion.
I got your package!
SOOOOO AWESOME! thank you so so so sosososo so
much! I always use that
stuff to cook myself and others a nice meal on
Sundays after church.
Last Sunday it was chicken fajitas! So nice!!!
mmmm!
Well that’s all I’ve got
for this week! I love and miss you all so so much!
love,
Elder Bennion



No comments:
Post a Comment