Another week down, It’s
hard to believe I’ve been away from home for
almost 6 months. I feel
like I was still in the MTC last week. Time on
mission goes slowly, but
so fast. I’m doing great! Everything is okay.
I emailed Elder B. He
hasn't received any info. The problem is
that the guy who use to
do all the Visa work left, he was way good at
it.
You have no idea how
excited I am for that package :) yaayyy packages
are the most fun thing
on mission! It’s like a Christmas present!
Africa
Story. So Elder H is a
missionary from Mercet California.
He has been in Ethiopia for
about 10 months of his mission. Also when he came on mission he
was 320 pound, He has
lost 80 pounds on mission! He is a really funny
kid, He has been in my
district for almost 2 transfers love him haha.
The last few years he
has had back problems and they have been getting
worse. 2 weeks ago he
told the mission Doc, and he took him to get an
MRI. Well he has some
discs in his back that are really bad and they
decided they needed to
send him home.. So about 2 days later they told
him he would be on a
plane. That left him no time to get souvenirs or
anything! So elder F and
I had to take Elder M in to the
mission office the day
before Elder H went home, so we dropped
Elder M at the Mission office
and Elder F and I decided to take
out some Personal funds
and Buy elder H all the Souvenirs we
could find! It was so
fun! We went deep into down town Kampala And a
Member from the Mengo
ward showed us a souvenir swap meet. We got him
tons of stuff to take
home and the look on his face when we gave him
all that stuff was
priceless. That’s why I took out Money last week.
It was so fun Down town
Kampala was nuts!!
So today For Pday we had
a tri-zone activity in Jinja. It’s the first
time I’ve been to Jinja
It was way fun. We played some basketball, but
mostly I was playing
soccer with the Africans it’s so fun to play with
them hahah I’m learning!
afterwards we went to a restaurant in Jinja
town called "The
Keep" It was founded by an American. So they have
American food. Guess
what I was able to order! A Philly Cheesesteak
sandwich, Spicey fries,
a diet coke, and a Kit Kat Milkshake! AHHHH
Easily the most
satisfying meal I’ve had in the last 5 and a half
months. mmmm
Well that’s about all
I’ve got to say today. I love and miss all of you
so so much. If I’ve
learned anything on mission it’s the importance of
family. I’m so so
blessed to have a family like you and I thank God
every night for the life
I was born in to. We are truly blessed in all
aspects of our lives.
Keep up all the good work! I’ll see you in a year
or so hahahah ;)
Elder Bennion

No comments:
Post a Comment