Good to hear everything
is going well at home haha. It’s odd to me to
hear things have started and are over so quickly. Dance and
basketball. I swear just last email I was being told that Carlie was
going to be Clara in the Nutcracker and now that's long gone. Time
flies! This past Friday I hit 6 months. Can you believe a quarter of
my time here is already up?
I am so excited to start hearing everyone's calls! Ahhh So cool. Soon
we will all be wearing this black name tag, Just in different places!
Hopefully they all come here to Uganda!
hear things have started and are over so quickly. Dance and
basketball. I swear just last email I was being told that Carlie was
going to be Clara in the Nutcracker and now that's long gone. Time
flies! This past Friday I hit 6 months. Can you believe a quarter of
my time here is already up?
I am so excited to start hearing everyone's calls! Ahhh So cool. Soon
we will all be wearing this black name tag, Just in different places!
Hopefully they all come here to Uganda!
Africa
It was hard to say goodbye to the friends I had made in Mukono. The
hardest was old man K. He was the old man I'd been teaching. Ah
poor guy almost cried when I told him I was leaving. He bore a
testimony to me that I will never forget. He told me a few months back
he was trying to rededicate himself to church but just couldn't
understand a lot of things namely the Book of Mormon. He said he
prayed hard and long that he would be able to understand. Then he said
I came along. He said he had never learned so much from a missionary
before. He said that I had been the answer to his prayer. The last
part of best of all. He said before I came around he hated reading
from the Book of Mormon because of how frustrated he would get. Now he
said he loves reading it. And I find him reading in his house time and
again.
It was hard to say goodbye to the friends I had made in Mukono. The
hardest was old man K. He was the old man I'd been teaching. Ah
poor guy almost cried when I told him I was leaving. He bore a
testimony to me that I will never forget. He told me a few months back
he was trying to rededicate himself to church but just couldn't
understand a lot of things namely the Book of Mormon. He said he
prayed hard and long that he would be able to understand. Then he said
I came along. He said he had never learned so much from a missionary
before. He said that I had been the answer to his prayer. The last
part of best of all. He said before I came around he hated reading
from the Book of Mormon because of how frustrated he would get. Now he
said he loves reading it. And I find him reading in his house time and
again.
I am so so grateful for
the role I was able to play in that man’s life.
I hope he is able to pull his less active children back to the church.
His finally testimony made all those struggles worth it! I am going to
miss that guy. Hopefully that wasn't the last time to see him.
So like I said I've been transferred. So on
Thursday the APs came and picked me up and took me to Ntinda (Near the
mission office). I stayed there for the night. The next morning I took
a shower in their apartment.. That was my first shower in 6 months.
You have no idea how much I miss standing in the shower. Ah! It was so
nice! After that I load my stuff into the senior couple’s car and we
drove 5 hours to Lira Town. So far I'm liking it! But man I'm
in the bush! This is deep Africa! Some of the people here are
literally living in Mud huts with grass roofs. Also they don't speak
Luganda up here. They speak Luwa or Luo (not sure what it’s called yet).
So all the Luganda I've learned is useless up here.
They greet by saying "Apio" The reply is "Berr". So
It’s time to start learning another new language ha.
I hope he is able to pull his less active children back to the church.
His finally testimony made all those struggles worth it! I am going to
miss that guy. Hopefully that wasn't the last time to see him.
So like I said I've been transferred. So on
Thursday the APs came and picked me up and took me to Ntinda (Near the
mission office). I stayed there for the night. The next morning I took
a shower in their apartment.. That was my first shower in 6 months.
You have no idea how much I miss standing in the shower. Ah! It was so
nice! After that I load my stuff into the senior couple’s car and we
drove 5 hours to Lira Town. So far I'm liking it! But man I'm
in the bush! This is deep Africa! Some of the people here are
literally living in Mud huts with grass roofs. Also they don't speak
Luganda up here. They speak Luwa or Luo (not sure what it’s called yet).
So all the Luganda I've learned is useless up here.
They greet by saying "Apio" The reply is "Berr". So
It’s time to start learning another new language ha.
So so hot! And there
isn't a lot of food. Not that people are
starving. It’s just there isn't a lot of food options. All they have up
here is beans and rice.. yay.
My new Companion is Elder A. He is from Zimbabwe. He is just
reaching a year on mission. He is a good guy, and a hard worker. We
should do well this transfer. The apartment we are staying in is not
bad. I have a lot of cleaning to do but at least this one has a good
shower. I've been showering twice a day just because I love it so much
haha. Down side of this one is it has a small kitchen, no closet for
our clothes, and no washing machine. Yup, I'm washing my clothes by
hand. It’s humbling to say the least.
starving. It’s just there isn't a lot of food options. All they have up
here is beans and rice.. yay.
My new Companion is Elder A. He is from Zimbabwe. He is just
reaching a year on mission. He is a good guy, and a hard worker. We
should do well this transfer. The apartment we are staying in is not
bad. I have a lot of cleaning to do but at least this one has a good
shower. I've been showering twice a day just because I love it so much
haha. Down side of this one is it has a small kitchen, no closet for
our clothes, and no washing machine. Yup, I'm washing my clothes by
hand. It’s humbling to say the least.
Love you
Elder Bennion


No comments:
Post a Comment