So here in Adyel our transport to Lira town is a Pedal Boda. You hop on the
back of a bike and the guy pedals you around town! It’s so awesome!
hahah I’ll try to get some pictures
There is a music artist here in the ward that is becoming famous here
in Uganda. His stage name is Prof. Maros. See
if you can find his website, maybe talk my friends into buying some of
his songs and supporting him.
A lot of people here in the north are super skinny. Not because of
starvation, but just that’s how they are built. Tall, Super dark and
skinny. They are partially acholi. From the So. Sudan tribes.
Today we went to a place
called Chobe Safari Park for our P-day
activity. Funnest activity by far!!! Man we drove about an hour and a
half just into the desert and then you would not believe we start
seeing Kob. (famous Ugandan Orange deer). We proceed on then we see a
Giraffe. Then 2, then 3. all these wild Giraffe. I got some awesome
pictures I got no joke 10ft from it at one point. But it’s not over we
get to the safari lodge and are sitting looking at this amazing view
of the Nile river. Wild hippos in it and everything. When a safari guy
runs in and tells us There is a herd of elephants that just wandered
in and are getting a drink. We get into a golf cart and the drive us
about 100 ft. from the 11 elephants. They were right across the river
from us. So So awesome! They said elephants are rare so we are super
lucky! Most amazing thing I’ve seen! No fences no people. Just you and
the animal. I love that feeling, and I can guarantee it won’t be the last.
activity. Funnest activity by far!!! Man we drove about an hour and a
half just into the desert and then you would not believe we start
seeing Kob. (famous Ugandan Orange deer). We proceed on then we see a
Giraffe. Then 2, then 3. all these wild Giraffe. I got some awesome
pictures I got no joke 10ft from it at one point. But it’s not over we
get to the safari lodge and are sitting looking at this amazing view
of the Nile river. Wild hippos in it and everything. When a safari guy
runs in and tells us There is a herd of elephants that just wandered
in and are getting a drink. We get into a golf cart and the drive us
about 100 ft. from the 11 elephants. They were right across the river
from us. So So awesome! They said elephants are rare so we are super
lucky! Most amazing thing I’ve seen! No fences no people. Just you and
the animal. I love that feeling, and I can guarantee it won’t be the last.


No comments:
Post a Comment