Adyel
Adyel is a branch, not a
ward. But it functions a lot better than the
Mukono ward. We don’t
have to do anything. They have a full active
presidency and all
classes get taught by members! Also this ward has
branch missionaries
(guys preparing to go on mission) so we get
members to work with us
a lot. However I'm facing the same obstacles
as before. The people
here don’t keep many if any of the commandments
so it’s hard for them to
find out what we are sharing is true. Everyone
is Christian. Just not
very spiritual. I blame all the fake churches
they have here. There is
a church on every corner. They play loud
music and people scream
and dance and it’s just ridiculous. Satan has a
powerful grasp on these
people. Also like I mentioned before the
people struggle with
English, so it’s hard to know the Book of Mormon
is true when you can’t
read it. Its hard work, I won’t lie. And so far
on my mission I haven’t reaped,
I feel I’ve only been sowning. But as
long as I continue to do
my part I know God knows what he is doing and
he will progress the
work as he sees fit. I am just an instrument.
Missionaries call it the
reality wall. It’s the time you figure out
that not everyone is
actually prepared or willing to receive the
gospel. That’s one thing
they don’t teach in the MTC. A lot of the
people you meet will
reject you. The Gospel somehow applies to
everyone’s life. But not
everyone applies it to their life, so they
miss the blessing..
This week I finished the
New Testament. Proud of myself haha first
time I’ve ever done it!
And to be honest it gave me a stronger
testimony of the Book of
Mormon. The book
of Mormon is much much
better!
Ciara asked so I might
as well include it in this email too. I am
gaining weight haha I’ve
put on about 15 pounds so far. I blame their
horrible eating habits!
Oil is the main ingredient in EVERYTHING. And
everything is deep
fried. They pull flippin tree roofs out of the
ground, deep fry them
and eat them (casava) it’s not bad actually. Just
bland. But also the rest
of their food is just unhealthy. Milk only
comes in Full Cream,
butter only comes as Whole Fat Spread. They just
aren’t healthy people.
ha so yes I’ve put on a bit of weight. Pants are
getting tighter and
tighter. haha
Well I think I’ll just
bear a quick testimony. I know that this gospel
is true, every day I
teach the restoration. And
every time I can feel
the spirit when I testify of the truthfulness of
what I have shared. I
know that this gospel is more than just sins
punishment and reward.
This time on earth is a time for us to develop
the characteristics we
need to become like God and Christ. We are not
here simply to be
tested. We are here to learn and grow, so that one
day we can fill the
responsibility of being a god our-self. God loves
us and just wants us to
enjoy everything that he is. But in order to
do that we must use the
Atonement and put off the natural man. We must
develop Faith, Hope, and
pure Charity if we are ever going to be able
to fill the shoes of our
father in heaven. He has prepared a way for
us now we need to
prepare for him.
I love being a
missionary, and I can’t believe how fast time has already gone.
Elder Bennion

No comments:
Post a Comment