Yes, I am loving the branch up here. The Branch pres. ( conv
of 4 years) even fed us last night and it was super nice! They don’t let you
leave until they see your tummy bulge! haha This Branch has 14 missionaries out
right now, and 2 have left while I’ve been here! Powerful area.
Started D&C this week. I don’t
know if I mentioned, but I’ve also started the BoM over as well. I spend half
of my personal study in one then switch to the other 30min in. So I don’t cover
so many chapters but I get more out of my study seeing Modern and Old scripture
together.
Tell me about the most interesting person you are
teaching right now?
We
are teaching a young couple I told you about Maros The singer. It’s his
girlfriend. She is progressing towards baptism as well as we are working on
getting them married. They are fun to visit. They are always making jokes with
us and having fun. I think I just like them because they treat us like normal
people, rather than other people here in Uganda that just treat us like
foreigners
Also we are teaching
two brothers Sam and Ambros. Great guys 28 and 22 found the church on their
own, I’ve noticed that a lot of the people that are truly prepared for the
gospel find the missionaries not the other way around.. They are reading
everything we give them and coming to church every week. Even participating in
Gospel Principles class answering questions!
Do you eat out most meals, or do you come back to
your apartment?
Breakfast
at home, Lunch at restaurant (tin roof shack that serves rice and beans),
dinner at home
Why would I love Uganda?
The people. You would
love the people. Almost all of them are super friendly and welcoming. They tell
you everything you want to hear. Ha which isn’t always good in missionary work.
They tell you what they think you want to hear not what they actually think.
Just nice people haha
Are you still washing your clothes by hand?
Yup,
and it still sucks..
How many missionaries do you work together with? Or
is it just you and Elder Alfred?
There
are 4 in our District, and 8 all together in the Lira Zone. I only really
proselyte with E. Alfred. But the 4 of us are always together on P-day and in
the evenings when we come in for the night.
Tell me about Pres. Chatfield?
Actually this week we
had interviews with president. They went well. He is a really awesome guy. He
is a cowboy. Always talking about cattle and horses. As well as roping and
stuff like that haha he is a funny guy. In my interview he asked me what I have
learned on mission so far. I talked a lot about family and the Book of Mormon.
But also the relationship and understanding I’ve gained towards my Father in Heaven.
Well
I have a few stories.
First off this week while we were teaching a guy the restoration, it the pinnacle moment explaining the first vision, spirit burning our hearts.... a HUGE poop falls from the sky and hits Elder Alfred's nice clean white shirt hahah. Dang birds. I held it in as long as I could but I laughed so hard!
First off this week while we were teaching a guy the restoration, it the pinnacle moment explaining the first vision, spirit burning our hearts.... a HUGE poop falls from the sky and hits Elder Alfred's nice clean white shirt hahah. Dang birds. I held it in as long as I could but I laughed so hard!
Happy
St. Patrick's Day haha I had a small celebration. I've been saving my little
baggy of lucky charms to eat today and I wore a green tie. What can I say you
taught me to be festive!
Also
we have had no electricity this week.. It’s normal now I don’t mind so much
anymore. Just sucks because then our drinks in the fridge don’t stay cold. We
don’t buy food that has to be refrigerated because the power is out so often
that it’s risky.
Well that’s all I’ve
got for today! I LOVE YOU! And I am loving my life. I like the area and my
companion. Haven’t been too homesick this transfer. It’s been a lot of fun!
It’s already week 5 of 6 of this transfer. It’s flown by sooo fast!
Till next week! I love you all! Keep up all the good work
over there in the 801!
Elder Bennion



No comments:
Post a Comment