Mommy, I’m doing fine.
Getting more and more adjusted every day. I also
miss you more and more every
day! I really miss your kafoomba or
cooking haha
I may be leaving Mukono!
But I doubt it. This is a really hard area.
They call it the
missionary slayer. A lot of missionaries get sent
home or go home while
serving in this area.. I would like to transfer
haha This is a dead
area, everyone says it should be closed for a few
years.
have pictures of French
fries, burgers, chicken, all this great stuff.
You go in,
all they have is Rice beans and mutoka..
Calvin's new corner 7-11
There is a lot of American
clothing here. Like people are wearing a
shirt of an American restaurant.
One guy we talked to was wearing a
Five Guys shirt, we
asked him about it and he had no idea what we were
talking about. A lot of Disney
stuff here to even though these kids
have never seen Disney
movies.
Almost got arrested this
week while tracting. So big expensive houses
are usually inside gated
compounds with guards. We opened the gate to
one and walked in, not
seeing the guard booth. All the sudden he was
yelling at us in
Luganda, shoving his AK47 in our faces, and shoved us
out of the property..
with our hands up and everything it was pretty
scary! this is NOT
common, the guy that lives there must be pretty
important/rich.
I feel really homesick
if I’m not doing anything.. So I try to keep
And try to keep myself
as busy as possible if I have any free time whatsoever I read, or clean like a
maniac. Just keeps my mind occupied.
I really miss church, a
stable functional ward.. We do everything
here. Sacrament, gospel
principles, Priesthood, I give the rhythm (Calvin’s word for lead the music. Haha
Did I teach him nothing?) for
all the hymns and I
teach primary as well.. It’s a lot of hard work..
It’s like having 15
callings.. Don’t take church for granted! Last
Sunday I taught Primary
about the Nauvoo temple! And Once again my
Mommy sent a miracle. There
was a picture of the family standing in
front of the Nauvoo
temple that you sent with me in the magazine. The
kids loved it. There is
about 10 kids total in the primary.
Calvin said, that this sweet little girls comes and finds them every day.
Another rat story.
So we came in last night
and saw the Big momma rat, we chased her all
around but she got away.
Then not 2 minutes later we found the other
one. We chased it into
the other elder’s room. But couldn’t find it..
After 30 minutes of
searching we check the subwoofer. Bingo! Fond it!
So we scare it out then
elder Hall threw his shoe and BAM dead! Got
it! hahah
Well I’m just about out
of time again, Mom and Dad, thank you so much
for all of your support.
I love you all so so
much!
Elder Bennion!


No comments:
Post a Comment