Mom!
I am still in Mukono. No change for
me, Elder Ncube got moved closer to Kampala and we now have a Kenyian in our
apartment. Named Elder Muange. So I'll still be in Mukono for another 6 weeks.
A funny little story, we were meeting an investigator at like 8:30pm and I had to pee really, really bad. So when the investigator stepped away for a moment I went to find a short call(I guess that is his new name for bathroom? Haha). Turned the corner around a building and like 10 dogs just stared running straight at me barking like crazy! It scared me so bad I didn't have to pee! I just ran! There are a lot of wild dogs here, and chickens.. ha
Pias is progressing great! However his wife doesn't like us, she is protestant and won’t talk to us. Just Pias's baptismal bate is November 3rd!
Its Mango season here now! They are so, so good! I had a local teach me how to peel one. They are very good! I have eaten quite a few! But the other day while pouring my syrup on my french toast (that I cook every morning) I saw some floaties in the bottle. I held it up to the light.. The ants found their way to the syrup :( there was about 100 dead ants just swimming in my syrup.. I just poured it and them onto my toast and kept eating and decided I would worry about it later hahaha. This place is very... humbling.. haha
(I guess this is the kind of alley he gets chased down by wild dogs! Honest to Pete!)
Q. Does the YM/YW meet
mid-week, or just on Sunday’s?
A. We
have FHE on Monday nights with all the young adults in the ward. Which is just
like mutual but, for people 18-26. There is only one 12 year old in the whole
ward so no mutual ha.
Q. Is your Sunday a 3
hour block or shorter?
A. 3
hours. First is Sacrament. Then Gospel Principles, Then Priesthood.
Q. Tell me a time this
week when you felt the Holy Ghost the strongest?
A. I
have been asked to give 3 blessing this week. Everyone always chooses me for
some reason. So it’s been interesting to feel that kind of spirit..
Also
Service Changes Hearts! This man named Patrick. We contacted him one night, and
he would hardly talk to us. Said he didn’t want anything to do with us "I
have my church" is what he kept saying. Then 2 weeks later we see him
loading his car with water bottle (he has a machine that fills them) We offered
to help. He told us no. But we just helped anyways. After about 20 minutes of
loading his car he finally asked "Why are you helping me?" we talked
with him for a bit and he agreed to let us come teach him. So the lesson went
great the spirit told us to just tell him about the book of Mormon, so that was
lesson one for him, which is extremely rare.. It was pretty cool. Service can really
soften people’s hearts.
Mom,
here in Uganda everyone would call you Nalongo. This is because you are the
mother of twins. If you have twins or you are a twin your name automatically
gets a title. It’s rare and an honor here. Haha So your name would be Nalongo
Allison. And everyone would just call you nalongo. Carlie and Carter would be
Babidi Carlie (bah-bee-dee) and Cauto Carter (Cah-toe). Interesting Lugandan Tradition
haha though you would like that!
Book
of Mormon I am currently in 3 Nephi 7. Still loving it!
The
package form grandpa came today! Had my Birthday card in it. I'm not sure when
he sent it but I got it today! So tell them thank you
(This week a picture of his local "Smiths" yikes!)
Thank
you so much for all your love and support, it gets easier and easier every week
and I know it’s because of your prayers. I'm so grateful to have such an
awesome family to support and help me. I love you all so so much and miss you!
Try not to have too much fun without me! Also if I was you I would plan on
picking me up at the end of all this. You really need to see this place. It
will change your life.
Much Love,
Elder Bennion


No comments:
Post a Comment