Tuesday, November 5, 2013

October 28, 2013


I still miss you every day!

I’m still doing good. I feel like I’ve got my feet on the ground now. And I am slowly picking up this culture. My manners will be horrid when I get home.. I'll just apologize now! This is a very different place, and very, very far from the comforts of home. ha

Grandpa and Grandma sent me a package... the Kit Kats he sent are more valuable than diamonds here! I eat them slowly and sparingly! He sent a lot of crystal light and kit Kats which here is priceless.

So it’s interesting, when you think of things kids do there in the US you think, Gameboys, Action figures, Cars, Sports etc. They have none of that here. The most common thing we see kids playing with is a tire.. rolling it down the road with a stick. No toys, No dolls. It’s odd. However I’m not sure they would know what to do with that stuff even if they had it. Hunger is not the issue here. There is plenty of food. Its sanitation and hygiene that people here struggle with. People get really sick with no medication. It’s rare that we find people that are starved. They love posho and beans and both are so, so  cheap even for Africans. It’s about $2 to feed your family a meal here.

 
 
Finally got to watch General conference yesterday! It was really great! I swear the focus this conference was on Families and Marriage! Being here has shown me how important family really is and it’s because family is not important here. It’s sad :( one of the greatest blessing Heavenly father gives us is marriage and our families, and these people just don't want either...
 
 


(Not sure what this is all about, but I thought you might enjoy it. Haha)
I love you all. I'm so grateful for the lessons you taught in our home growing up. I am who I am because of my parents. Yea, I've been taught by my mother! My faith is where it is because of you. I can honestly say I think you are the greatest mommy that ever lived. I told an investigator the story about your extra piercings, and how you removed them after the prophet said to. I told her believe that our amazing family is what it is because of your willingness to follow the council of the prophets In ALL things. Even the little ones. I hope she is able to overcome her temptations. Thank you for everything you do mom. You’re amazing and I love you so very much!
 
Love your little boy, Elder Bennion


No comments:

Post a Comment