Thursday, November 28, 2013

November 25, 2013


I’ve got very, very short time today, so I’ll just say a few things and

send some pictures. I think I’ll be able to get back on a little later

but here are a few things

 

You think my hair is short now? This is after it has been growing for

7 weeks! I also got my transfer news today, no change. Same companion

same area. However now Elder Hall is the DL...



(This is the caption he sent with this picture “Restaurant” haha)

 

 
My stories,

Its Nsenene (in-sen-nen-aye) season! It lasts about 2 and half weeks.

Nsenene is a type of grasshopper that they eat here. And they love

it! They set up big aluminum sheets in a box or circle then they put

extremely bright lights in the middle. Then the grasshoppers come to

the light at night, hit the sheets and slide down the sheets into the

barrels. Then they pull the arms, legs, and wings off, cook them in a

pot over the fire. Then they eat them like popcorn. I tried it this

week. It’s weird. It doesn’t taste bad.. It’s just that I know what it is

so that was my first and last grasshopper.

(metal sheets with lights to catch the grasshoppers)
 
 
(barrel full of yummy grasshoppers)
 
 
 
(yummy bowlful of grasshoppers! When in Rome, huh? Haha)
 
 
 
I finished the Book of Mormon this week! Read the whole thing in about
3 months! I'm starting the New Testament now.
 
Bats,
There are a lot of bats here. This week we found some baby fruit bats.
We found like 40 of them all over the house ha I caught one! It was
very cool! They feel very odd. They are furry, but they are very soft
skinned on their wings it was really neat!

 
(New house pet. I just know I did not send enough hand sanitizer for this!)
I'm always glad to hear about the way this mission is having an effect
on so many here or at home. It’s comforting especially in this area
where we just can find anyone.. :(
 
Carter missing me yet? I’m glad to hear his testimony is growing
that's almost all I could ask for being here. I really think about him
a lot, where he will serve. How he will feel. I really miss him!
Carlie I think is fine haha I think her and I will have plenty of time
together while carter is gone on his mission haha if she isn’t married
by the time she is 18 ha I really miss them.
 
Elder Bennion
 

No comments:

Post a Comment