Sunday, November 17, 2013

November 11, 2013



 
Thank you for all your support! Everything you and dad say really does

help me so much!

 

I know exactly why I'm in this area, I know that I am on

the Lord’s errand, I know that this is his work. Just wish I could see

the gospel bless someone’s life. Every house we step into I know that

our message can change their life forever, but they rarely act. :( But

like you said He has a plan and his is better than mine. It’s just

frightening how much power Satan has here.

 

Bed Bugs. So my legs, feet, and back are covered with all these itchy

bumps. However I don’t think its bed bugs. We searched everything and

there is no trace of them. So I think it may be an allergic reaction

to the Malaria pills. If that’s what the problem is then they

can give me different medication.

 

It is serious rain season over here! It rains two or three times a

day, and HARD. Like nothing you would believe! The dirt roads

temporarily become rivers! It’s crazy! And of course I have no rain

coat haha the stuff here is junk it’s all second hand and usually

defective or has holes.
 
 

 

This week at an investigators house when we arrived they were milking

one of their cows. We taught them then when we were about to leave

they handed us each a cup of hot milk (People always give us hot milk

when we decline tea, they don’t know what to do after we say no to tea

so they just cook us milk it’s weird) They milk was a yellowish color

and pretty thick. Yup, it was the milk we saw them milking out of the

cow earlier! haha How’s that for fresh?
 
 

 

So another story we were walking along a small dirt road when behind

us we hear some kids running and yelling and they came around the

corner. Just behind them was a HUGE bull! Galloping straight towards

us! We just looked at each other smiled I said "what the heck" and

started to run! hahahah it chases us for about 100ft before wandering

off haha

 

I purchased a new camera in Kampala today as well it cost me a

whopping 500,000 shilling(~$200). I got a Cannon: PowerShot A2300. It

looked the closest to the one I had before. I'll be trying it out this

week.

 

I finally worked up the courage to buy minced meat. I cooked it and

added the taco seasoning, then cooked some cabbage into it. Then

rolled it up in a Chapati. Best thing I’ve ever made. So good! Send

taco seasoning! haha

 
( I found this picture on the internet. It sounds like what Calvin said he fixed. It looks like a type of hamburger.) So yay! he's only been gone 3 Months and he's finally learning to cook? haha
 

 

I think that's all for this week, Thank you so much for all your love and

support! I am doing fine. So no worries.  Well

till next week! I love you!!

 

Elder Bennion

 

No comments:

Post a Comment