Friday, November 22, 2013

November 18, 2013




I miss Grandpa R a lot :( I can never explain the impact he left on

my life. The example he set, everything he did for our whole family is

just so incredible. Dad is the same way. Dad just has a little

less resources. Haha I carry the two names of the greatest men I know. It’s

almost hard for me to pick which one to go by haha but everyone

already knows me as Calvin. I really wish he could have been around

for the things I’ll do with my life, Ciara never even knew him :(

which breaks my heart. But I know he is just fulfilling another

calling. I can’t imagine how hard he is working up there. Even at 80

years old he worked hard over at Alta pines, I can’t imagine the work

he does now that "limb and joint have been restored to perfect frame"

He is no longer hindered by his age, if he even was before ha ah I

really do miss him; he left behind such an awesome legacy.

 



 

This week I took a sick day. I woke up and felt like crap. It was the

same thing I get when I was at home. My back and knees started to ache

and I felt like I had the flu. It went away after I slept the whole day

but it’s just annoying that my body just shuts down now and again.

 

Also this week we went 3 days with no Electricity.. it was really

fun.. Not! All of our food in the fridge went bad :( but after hearing

about Dylan I consider myself blessed.. ha

 



 

I got my first baptism this week. I haven’t said much about her because

we didn't find her. She was being taught by the missionaries long

before I came on mission. Her name is Leila, she is the wife to the

2nd councilor in the Bishopric. I didn’t feel like I really did

anything so that’s why I haven’t said anything but at her baptism

yesterday she bore her small testimony. She was so happy. Happier than

I had ever seen her. And afterwards she came to me and shook my hand

and said "thank you for helping me to understand" she had been

reluctant to talk to the missionaries for 4 years. Then about 3 months

ago she started to listen to them. Then I came. It just turned me

upside down I didn't realize I had made an impression on her at all. I

just shows that you never really know whose life you are touching, you

may not see the results. So always be someone that can leave a good

one (impression). It was a very powerful experience and lesson. I hope you are able to learn from it as well.

 

Well I think that’s all for this week, no real funny stories of

anything. I wish I could explain all of the lessons I am learning

being here, but there is just no way. A mission truly showed me so

many things. Who I truly want to be, how others see me it’s just been

crazy!

 

Mom and Dad,

I can never thank you enough for the way you raised me. The way I am

able to see things and understand what the lord is trying to teach me

is all because of you both. I’m so grateful for all that you have

sacrificed for the family, and especially me. You have shown me how I

want my family to be in the future, you’ve shown me the relationship I

want to have with my wife and my kids, how I want them to learn and

act. Just thank you so much I love you with all my heart and will

never be able to thank you enough for everything.

 

till next week,

Elder Bennion

 

No comments:

Post a Comment