I have really, really
bad news.. :( My camera got stolen at church yesterday.. I never take it to
church, but for some reason yesterday I took my whole bag, instead of just my scriptures.
I guess someone horked it while I was teaching gospel principles or putting
away chairs, I don't know which. All of it's gone. The camera, extra cards,
batteries, the little case.. :( Mom, I'm so sorry.. I think I can get a new one
in Kampala pretty easy but I don’t know how much that camera cost.
This week has been pretty crapy. None of our investigators are progressing. Pias has been too busy to meet with us, so we have to keep pushing his baptismal date. Probably won’t baptize him this transfer. I'm looking at 0 baptisms again this transfer..
I have bed bugs or fleas
I don’t know which. Elder Jimu and I both keep waking up with little bumps on
us. I'm currently washing my sheets and I sprayed everything down. Hopefully it
helps.. ha
There was a lunar
eclipse here yesterday (Sunday 3rd Nov) at around 3:00 pm. It was cool! It was
super dark in the middle of the day! I wish I could have taken so pictures but
that's the day my camera got stolen :(
A. The church record says
there should be 200 people in the ward, but like I said there are retention
problems here so only about 60 are active. The Bishop (This is a ward not a
branch, it’s actually the oldest ward in Uganda) is about 35. He is an RM and
is a really nice, great guy. His Family is awesome and very helpful.
Q. What is one of your favorite
thing about Mukono?
A. I guess it would be the church. We are one of
the few areas that actually has a church building, it’s way smaller than the
ones in the states but everyone (missionaries) says how much better it is than
other churches.
Well that’s about it for
this week! Sorry no real stories.. It was a slow and rather disappointing
week.. I love and miss you all so much. Everyday I'm here it makes me
appreciate home that much more. The US truly is such a blessed land. Don’t
forget it! Till next week!
Elder Bennion

No comments:
Post a Comment