Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 2, 2013


Mommy!

 

I got some packages on Thanksgiving! They were very reviving! Much, much needed! There is some serious sweet stuff in there! I'm excited

to try that chicken!! So far I have received the 3 Christmas ones, the

chicken one, and 2 from grandma and grandpa Bennion. I think I recieved

the most packages out of anyone! It’s flippin awesome keep them coming!

Also I gave the Christmas money to Sis. Chatfield today.

 

This week has been hectic. Mukono is now its own zone, it used to be

part of Kololo (Kampala) But now it’s separate. Which means we got new

zone leaders. I like them they are both really funny guys, however now

there is 6 of us in our tiny apartment.. it’s really crowded. But they

should be in their own flat by next week. All the ZL's in the mission

have cars. All the cars in the mission are stick. My new ZL has never

driven stick before.. so our drive to Kampala was scary to say the

Least.. haha

 

Thanksgiving was like Christmas! I got all those packages, then we

were teaching at a members house, where white people were staying and

they fed us red velvet cake! it was soooooo nice mmmmm!

 

I don't know if I mentioned it before but there are fireflies here. At

night if you look at a big open filed you just see little bursts of

light all over! It’s really cool! I wish I had my Nikon so that I could

take pictures of it. There are some really crappy things about this

country but there are other things I already know I'm going to miss.

 

Well as always the work here is slow. I have really been focusing on

rescuing and not finding. I have made it my mission to find those inactive members and bring them back to the fold.

 

 

I think it’s funny that you say all your class has to give away a BofM. We

have about 6. We give them out to people. If they don’t read we take

them back. The people here just like getting free stuff. Sometimes we

walk into investigators houses and I count several BoM's in their

house. They don't read it, they just take it because they think that

having books in their house makes them look smart. Ha

 

Well that's all for this week, I love being a missionary... but I continue to seek the spirit in all the choices I make and try to lead by example the best I can. I am learning many valuable lessons about leadership and patience with people.  Good to hear that everyone at home is doing so well! That makes me happy! I love all of you and miss you so very much. Keep praying for me, and I'll keep praying for you!

 

Elder Bennion

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment