Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 23, 2013


Mommy,                                              12/23/2013

 

Merry Christmas... I think..

 

Ha it doesn't feel like Christmas here at allll. Like I said it’s not

really decelerated.. However I have been doing my best to spread the

Christmas spirit in all the ways you taught me. Stories, Parties, and

Scriptures. I read my Christmas stories to people every chance I get. I’m so grateful for the way

we have always celebrated CHRISTmas I feel that because of you and

Grandpa R I know what a good Christmas feels like, and even though I’m

celebrating alone this year I’m still caring that special spirit with

me everywhere I go!




 

 
 

This is me and Isaac. He is actually the one that took all the

pictures at the christmas party. I just hand him my camera and he

fills up my memory card haha he is 8 and is my best friend in the

ward.

 

 

IT good to hear that everyone is still doing well! It’s crazy to say

it’s already been 4 months ha I’m doing good too! I’m so proud of

everyone for their missionary work! Excellent work passing out those

BoMs!! Make sure those people READ IT. Tell them it’s NOT a paper

weight!! Haha that’s our problem here. Everyone wants a free book, but

no one wants to read it!



 

This is the second councilors second daughter her name is shamika she

is 4 i think. she loves me as well. hahah

 

 

Missing the family Christmas party right about now... We are having a

Mission Christmas Party tomorrow in Nakawa. It will last all day so I’m

excited for that!!

 

Christmas Call.

I’m going to try to call at about 9:00pm Uganda time. Elder Hall says

its super easy we just buy a $2 card and call home. So everything

should be fine. I’m going to call the home phone.

 

Alright things to talk about today are..

I tried the Chicken you sent. It’s NICE! Very good! I cooked it with

some cream of chicken and put it on rice mmmmm Then I fried some with

some vegies another nice and that was nice to!! So those are flippin

awesome!

 



 

We ate ofuls.. Which is sheep intestines.. mmm They love it here it’s not good..

 

 

I forgot to mention that we eat fresh passion fruit here and it is

soooooo good it’s called Mutunda here its super cheap so I eat a ton!

Just cut it in half and suck out the innards ha. I don’t know if you

can buy them at home but you should look for them! Try it yourself!

 

So in my Scripture study I came to John 20:17, when Christ says "touch

me not" I don’t know if you notices but it has a JST To change touch to

Hold. Wondering what you and Kallie think of that. Thought it was

interesting.

 

I bought Meat off the street this week haha cooked it and lived! It

wasn’t bad at all. I’m getting braver ;) hahaha

 

It’s been a little scary to hear about all the wars going on around

Uganda. Kenya, Somalia, and South Sudan are all going at it.

 

So this week we go to a lady's house and we are trying to teach her

about the book of Mormon and she was stubborn and claimed the Bible

to be the only word of god, she goes and gets her bible and while

unzipping it cockroaches started to crawl out,  she must read it quite

often... NOT. A lot of people here claim to be Christian... But they

don’t do anything Christian... ha

 

Anyways that’s about all for today. As always I am doing fine. I love

and miss all of you so so much. Sad that I can’t celebrate Christmas

with you, but don’t worry I’m still celebrating! Calling home will be

such an awesome present!! I’m so excited! Talk to you soon! I love

you!!!

 

Elder Bennion

No comments:

Post a Comment