Thursday, January 2, 2014

December 30, 2013


Mommy,                                          12/30/13

 

It was so cool to call you! And surprisingly cheap.. Does it cost

anything on your side? It cost me about $5 to call ha. They fed us KFC

at the Christmas party. A KFC just opened up here in Uganda within the

last 3 weeks so they thought they would let us test it out. It was so

good! Tasted like home! Yum! It’s really expensive though, a bucket of

chicken is about $50. So it won’t be anything that we can go get on our

own.

Nakawa house, Kampala
Anyways, this week, even for me, it was slow. Everyone is out of town
so we can barely get 1 lesson a day. We've just been visiting members
and such.
 

 
 
Calvin in front of the church.
 

 
 
 
 
That's awesome that Jeanie is giving you stuff. I miss her quite a
bit! Store people here, if they see that we are regulars, they raise
the price of the things that we repeatedly buy. She often let me get
away with free stuff so yes I am missing her too!
 
Christmas was very different here.. The way I picture Christmas is,
family, music, decorations, temple square, reading Christmas stories,
and learning about Christ. That is not what it was here. The day just
kind of came and went. But again there are lessons I have learned that
I will take with me forever. The Importance of family, and centering
that family on the Savior. It’s just becoming more and more crystal
clear. So I will say that this Christmas definitely was not a good
Christmas, but it will always be one of the most meaningful, now that
I have seen the with, and without.
 

 


All of us talking to Calvin Christmas Day on the speaker phone. Jesse Reynolds came by too.
 
 
Mom, I’m so grateful for all that you do to help and support me out
here, but in al honestly the things you and dad taught me before
getting here have been the most important. I came from a home where I
was just taught what was right and how I could truly be happy. A lot
of the people here, don’t have that. I’m so
grateful, and I love you so so much! Have a Happy New Year! (I think
we will be on lock down at new year because people just get drunk and
set stuff on fire on New Years ha)
 
Elder Bennion
 
 
 
1st Christmas down!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment