Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Mukono, Uganda October 7, 2013


Because of bad time management I didn’t get a chance to bring my index cards of stories to send home so sorry I can’t tell any stories this week. I see so much every week it’s hard to retrace the week to send them home from memory. However I had a special experience while studying the other day, I’m still in Alma (I know, I've slowed down, it’s because I have to study PMG a lot now) but I was reading about Capt. Moroni when I swear I could feel Grandpa Reynolds standing right beside me hand on my shoulder.. it was a powerful experience, and I told jajah (gma) about it. Though I would share with you too. Also wanted to ask why grandpa would come to comfort me at that specific time.. Was Moroni his favorite or anything?

Also you told me to watch for miracles on my Bday. I got one. I have prayed for years to know what the meaning and feeling of having your afflictions swallowed up in the joy of Christ and I got the answer, it’s the feeling I have right now! Times are tough, But I am soooo happy, I am beginning to love it here, and my own afflictions are truly being swallowed up in the Joy of Christ, the Joy of being Christ’s representative and Servant.

 

Q.   Have you done anything fun or cool on any of your Pdays?

A.   Went to a place called Wonder World. It’s like the Lagoon of Uganda.. It sucked hahah but oh well it was fun.

Q.   Are you taking pictures?

A.   Plenty! I’m going to fill up my 2 GB card then I’ll send it home in the mail!

Q.   Are you seeing the hand of the Lord in your day to day work?

 A.   absolutely like I said he is really helping my attitude

 

(Because Calvin hasn’t been able to send any pictures I found this picture online courtesy of “One life, Uganda love it” blog. Looks sketchy! Haha)

 
 

Because of lack of time I’ll close my email this Alma 26 though. Mom I know that Heavenly father put me in this mission because it attacked ALL of my weaknesses. By doing so it will eliminate them! I am so grateful for this opportunity I have to grow so much I’m so blessed to be somewhere, where I will come out so strong. Weak things become strong! Well I’ll have my index card next week to tell some better stories! I love you all so so much! Thanks for all your love and support!

Elder Bennion!


No comments:

Post a Comment