I’m not so good. This
week sucked really really bad. I got Malaria. So
I’ve been unable to get
up from my bed except to throw up or diarrhea
for about 5 days. I had
a fever of about 103 for 2-3 days straight.
Malaria feels a lot like
the flu but worse and with a few bonuses ha.
I also had to go to this
nasty sketchy clinic and got a shot in my
butt to bring my fever
down. So I’ve felt like crap this week. Not fun.
Being sick in mission
really sucks. You to feel
guilty if you’re not
doing something productive. So all day you lay
there feeling guilty for
not leaving the house. Second, you can’t do
any of the things you
can at home when you’re sick. No movies, no
Gatorade :( , no
Jell-O.. no soup or
moms to rub your back., worst of all
because of all the things
I listed you feel super super home sick.. so
I’ve had a horrid horrid
week. My mind has been saying "that’s it, this
sucks. I want to go
home" but my heart still says "Just another quick
trial, you're an Elder.
You're fine." So as I said being sick on
mission sucks but at
least now I can say I have experience Malaria..
yay
I am recovering though,
My temp is back to normal and I’m on enough
medication to cure the
world of malaria.. Just dizzy and still a
little achy. But I’ll
live to teach another Restoration lesson ha
That Story with C is
really really awesome, I will be praying
hard for her. If she is
willing and ready to accept the gospel her
life is about to get so
much better. I just wish I could have been
there to hug the guts
out of both of the Girls I chased growing up.
First Lexie because I
miss her like crap and she is awesome for
running the Lords
errand. AH sooo sweet! Then C because now
that I'm taller than her
it won’t be so awkward to hug her and she has
just taken the first of
many steps in becoming what God knows and we
as Saints know she can
become. Keep me posted on that. She needs to be
referred to the
Missionaries ;)
Well I don’t get to see
conference for a few weeks. We have to wait for
the DVDs so it’ll be
awhile. Sounds like everything there is still
going great. I miss home
more and more every day, But I know that this
is exactly where I’m
supposed to be. So no problem. I know I mentioned
it to Lexie but
currently I’ve been a little Obsessed with Jacob,
especially chapter 5. I
went from hating it as a kid, dang Vineyard.
To now that is my
favorite book in the BoM. I’ve read it over and over.
It is the most marked up
book in my triple. .
Missionary work is hard work. And there isn’t
a lot of reward. So
why am I doing it? Because I know that these things are true, I know
that I have been called to this work by Christ himself. The Vineyard
in Jacob 5 is the clearest and most simply understood parable once
eyes have been open to how missionary work is to be done.
"62 Wherefore, let us go to and labor with our might this last time,
for behold the end draweth nigh, and this is for the last time that I
shall prune my vineyard."
"66 For it grieveth me that I should lose the trees of my vineyard;
wherefore ye shall clear away the bad according as the good shall
grow, that the root and the top may be equal in strength, until the
good shall overcome the bad, and the bad be hewn down and cast into
the fire, that they cumber not the ground of my vineyard; and thus
will I sweep away the bad out of my vineyard."
why am I doing it? Because I know that these things are true, I know
that I have been called to this work by Christ himself. The Vineyard
in Jacob 5 is the clearest and most simply understood parable once
eyes have been open to how missionary work is to be done.
"62 Wherefore, let us go to and labor with our might this last time,
for behold the end draweth nigh, and this is for the last time that I
shall prune my vineyard."
"66 For it grieveth me that I should lose the trees of my vineyard;
wherefore ye shall clear away the bad according as the good shall
grow, that the root and the top may be equal in strength, until the
good shall overcome the bad, and the bad be hewn down and cast into
the fire, that they cumber not the ground of my vineyard; and thus
will I sweep away the bad out of my vineyard."
I love love love the
scriptures.
But not a lot to report
this week since I’ve been sick. We have a new
elder in the district
Elder Manuwere (Zimbabwe) he is huge!! and so so
funny!
I love you all!
Elder Bennion
ps. No I won’t get
anything till the last Saturday of the month that’s
when the zls go to
Kampala.
Oh and please tell
Grandma B THANK YOU for the package :) I get the
most in the whole
mission I’m sure :)And Grandma R for the money.

No comments:
Post a Comment