Your story is awesome!
I'm so proud!! Sharing the gospel really is so
much fun!! Lesson after
lesson I still enjoy every minute of it!! As
you know it is the end
of the transfer, and we keep track of lessons
taught per week this transfer
I taught 194 lessons haha Most of them
being Restoration
lessons. Every time it’s a little different some
spiritual some funny.
But always worth the time! Great job mom! The
worth of every soul is
great!
Africa,
So this week Elder
Alfred and I decided to make missionary work
history. We were
officially the first missionaries to set foot in
Tedam Ober-Barr Lira.
hahah Sam and Ambrose live about an hours bike
ride outside Adyel/Lira.
Since they always come to the church to be
taught by us we have never
been to their home. This week we decided to
show that that we are
willing to go to them. We saddled up our piece
of crap bikes and
pedaled 7km to their village. For both Elder Alfred
and I it is the first
time we have ever visited someone in their
village. But it was
awesome haha. As we rode we didn't know exactly
where we were going but
we just asked people for directions along the
way we figured we were
headed the right way because people’s direction
started getting better
and more specific. Till we just started asking
if they knew where Sam
Lemo stays. We found it!! Once you reach an
actual village, everyone
knows everyone.
So we get out there and
Elder Alfred sees a snake. A decent sized
Green Mamba. So he is
getting nervous. We are sitting under this tree
and he says a again,
"there’s a snake over there" As he points into the
distance. I start
looking around but see nothing. He says "come here
I’ll show you" we
stand up walk like 30 ft then he points to this
teeny tinny little baby
snake. hahah I just said Elder how the crap did
you see that. hahah
Eagle Eyes and a fear of snakes haha. When the old
jajja saw that we were
looking at a snake she runs toward us wooting
and comes and just starts
beating the crap out of it with a log and
then throws is twitching
body into a fire. Africans REALLY hate
snakes. I was just
laughing the whole time hahahah
So this week I invented
an Avocado Juice Recipe :) So now I’m famous in
the zone. I’m become
well known around the mission for making the best
food. So thanks for the
packages!
Well we have reached the
end of Transfer again. Our whole district is staying the same. Elder Alfred
and I are staying
together again. Actually our whole zone stayed the
same except for one
Elder. Pres. Chatfield likes leaving missionaries in
places.
Well I’m still doing
great! The sun is a little much here though. My
nose has been scabbed
over the last week or so from being so so
sunburnt. It’s painful.
I’m going to start wearing a hat like Elder Alfred ha.
I love and miss all you
guys very very much! Hope no one is missing me
too much. It’s crazy to
think 7 months have already gone by. I’m not a
new missionary anymore.
I’m starting to meet missionaries younger than
I am haha a few more
months and I’ll be one of the older missionaries.
Keep up the missionary
work there at home! Members make the best
missionaries! I’ll try
to send a few more pics today. LOVE YOU!
Elder Bennion

No comments:
Post a Comment