Sound like home is still okay hahah good to hear everyone is
still in their activities!
Africa:
This week we have had no water.. For some reason the whole
town lost water for about 5 days.. it was super sucky. We had to fill jeri cans
with water at the well then carry them to the apartment. I have a greater
respect for all the people that have to do that every day here. It was killer.
So we were knocking doors one day and I found a little hut.
Everyone here has door curtains because it gets hot in the huts during the day
so they leave the door open but put up a curtain to keep the dust out. Well
this little grass hut had an American Flag as their door curtain.. Well I fell
in love, I knocked and talked to the guy. He wasn't interested in the gospel. I
decided to ask him if I could buy the flag from him, he said sure and I offered
him 10,000 UGX ($4) He was thrilled and gave it to me hahah so now I have a
tired, beat-up, flag from Uganda! haha its pretty sweet!
We did some service this week for a lady in the branch.
Digging in her field. I can now Identify plants like Maze (corn), Beans, Red
pepper, and casava,
For Easter I kind of took over for celebrating again. Every
night as a district we would read what happened with the corresponding day of
the week for Christ. I liked it I don’t know about the other Elders, also I’ve
been teaching Our RCs and LAs The last week of Christ in prep for Easter!
Easter here was once again very disappointing. No other tradintions besides the
palms.. :( Actually Easter Sunday Is a popular day to party.. So we saw A LOT
of drinking last night :(
We went out to Ober again Saturday to visit Sam and Ambrose.
It was great. We talked about Easter, then about the book of Mormon. They just
expressed how much they were enjoying it. They rehearsed the story of Nephi vs.
Laban, They just laughed at how the brothers ran away when Nephi came out in Laban’s
cloths. It’s a feeling like no other to see the gospel and the scriptures
bringing new found happiness to people. Also E. Sunday they were ordained to
the Aaronic Priesthood. so cool. I’m eternally grateful for the role I’ve
gotten to play in their life :)
Well I think That’s all I’ve got for today, I’ll try to send
a few pics today, I send one from Sis. Chatfields phone earlier haha Zone
Conference was awesome. President always has so much to inspire us with! I love
you all so so much and still miss you like crazy but it won’t last forever, so
why worry! I got the Easter letter today! Thank you for the ENSIGN!! YAYY!! Love
you!!
Elder Bennion



No comments:
Post a Comment